We are looking for two talented, high-energy individuals to join our team, starting this spring.
If you are looking for your next challenge and love politics, consider applying for the position of Field Organizer. In this key role, you are on the LPCA front line – providing direct training, oversight and support to local volunteer organizers.
You will work closely with local riding associations, assist Liberal candidates and their campaign managers, and help develop action plans, campaign skills, and strong volunteer networks leading up to the next election campaign. You will play a huge role in helping elect Liberal Members of Parliament from Alberta.
There will be frequent evening and weekend work. Time commitment between the field and office will vary on a week-to-week basis.
One field organizer will reside within the Edmonton metro area, and will be primarily responsible for the northern half of the province.
One field organizer will reside within the Calgary metro area, and will be primarily responsible for the southern half of the province.
Travel outside of the Edmonton and Calgary metro areas, respectively, will be required on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in developing and implementing riding association action plans
- Assist riding associations and key volunteers in the planning and management of outreach campaigns and events
- Assist in developing, promoting and sharing best practice modules
- Identify and recruit local volunteers and volunteer leaders
- Provide training , support and management for ridings associations and volunteers
- Assist in maintaining the LPCA’s online and social media presence
- Coordinate LPCA presence at, and represent the LPCA at public events
- Facilitate and officiate at Liberal Party of Canada in Alberta nomination meetings and annual general meetings
- Work with the Leader’s Office and MPs’ offices to facilitate visits to Alberta
- Work with candidates and their campaign managers to plan and co-ordinate election efforts
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while demonstrating a service oriented spirit and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Strong presentation and technical writing skills are an asset.
- Ability to work an unconventional schedule.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and while ensuring they are on budget and on time.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Excel/ Word and Outlook
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Political experience (volunteer or paid) at a municipal, provincial, or federal level an asset but not necessary.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Political Science, Communications, or in a similar field is an asset.
- Public relations and social media skills (Facebook, Twitter) is an asset.
All outreach staff will report directly to LPCA’s Director of Political Operations & Outreach.
If you are interested the role, please forward a cover letter and 1-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, March 26th at 11:59 pm MST. Please include available start date in your cover letter, and note the subject line “LPCA Field Organizer” in the subject of your email.
Please feel free to visit Liberal.ca to learn more about our organization.