Calgary-Centre Federal Liberal Association
NUMBER OF POSITIONS
Field Organizer – 1
Deputy Field Organizer – 3
The National Field Program is a key pillar of Calgary-Centre Federal Liberal Association’s engagement and election readiness strategy. At its core, the program is about growing our movement for positive change, by leading conversations and engagement with Calgarians. You will be joining the team that empowered over 80,000 people, and facilitated over 4 million conversations with voters during the 2015 campaign.
As a member on Calgary-Centre’s team, you will be part of a national team, organizing local volunteers to build our movement through conversations with voters and grassroots fundraising.
The success of Calgary-Centre, and this position, depends on capturing the energy and ideas of organizers in your region. You will help empower and grow the movement that brought real change to Canada and help it deliver another majority mandate in 2019.
- Great personality! You should be energetic, organized, love people, and be comfortable with public speaking.
- Possess a working knowledge of Canadian politics and the values that bring us together.
- Passionate about raising money for a good cause.
- Good technical skills and the ability to problem solve in the moment.
- Love learning new things and sharing your knowledge with others.
- Enjoy speaking with new people and engaging with the public in a variety of settings.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and participating in teams to facilitate fundraising, voter contact and movement building.
- Identifying, motivating, and training local volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Meeting clear goals to increase the number of Victory Fund donors in the riding.
- Providing training, support, and management for local organizers, the riding association, 2019 candidates, and volunteers.
- Regularly hosting in-person and online training sessions and team meetings.
- Assisting local organizers, campaigns, and key volunteers in the planning and management of fundraising, voter contact and movement building activities.
- Assisting in the development, promotion, and sharing of best practice modules.
- Assisting in maintaining the LPC’s online and social media presence.
- Ensuring all voter, fundraising and volunteer engagement data is captured in Liberalist.
- Overseeing and directing work of deputy field organizers (field organizer only).
- Other duties as required.
Full – Time
Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
Fast paced, dynamic environment
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than March 29, 2018 at 5:00pm. Please indicate in your cover letter which position(s) you are applying for.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.