NOTICE OF NOMINATION MEETING TO SELECT THE LIBERAL CANDIDATE IN EDMONTON STRATHCONA
Pursuant to the National Rules for the Selection of Candidates for the Liberal Party of Canada, the call has been issued for a meeting to nominate a candidate in Edmonton Strathcona.
DATE OF MEETING:
Sunday, August 17th, 2014
The meeting will commence at 11:00 am.
Candidates will be formally nominated, and give speeches.
Voting will be open from the conclusion of proceedings, and will close at 5:00 pm.
Results will be announced at 5:30 pm.
Cloverdale Community League
9411 97 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6C 4N4
Identification will be required before a ballot will be issued (see item 3 below).
Cut-off for eligibility to vote at this Meeting was 5:00 pm MT, Friday, August 1st, 2014.
Those Qualified to Vote at a Nomination Meeting
1. Residents of the electoral district who are members at the cut-off established pursuant to the Constitution of the Liberal Party of Canada. Membership cut off is 5:00 pm MT on a Friday, August 1st, 2014.
2. All individuals referred to in paragraph one (1) must
(a) be fourteen (14) years of age;
(b) support the purposes of the Liberal Party of Canada;
(c) not be a member of any other federal political party in Canada
(d) not be qualified to vote in any other federal constituency association;
(e) while a member of the Party, not have publicly declared an intention to be a candidate for election to the House of Commons other than as a candidate of the Liberal Party of Canada.
3. Must be able to prove identity and address. There are three options:
(a) Provide one original piece of identification issued by government or government agency containing your photo, your name and your address (e.g. Driver’s License) OR
(b) Provide two original pieces of identification issued by government, government agency, educational institute, municipal office/agency, public utility or Credit Card Company that provides your name. At least one of these documents must also contain your address: (e.g. two of the following: Alberta Health Card, Utility Bill, Fishing License, a Credit card statement, Student ID card and a School Report card) OR
(c) Provide one piece of original identification issued by government, government agency, educational institute, municipal office/agency, public utility or credit card company that provides your name and then be willing to swear an oath and be vouched for by a qualified voter in the riding who has identification acceptable in a or b above.
Opportunities to Vote in Advance of the Meeting
- An advance polling station will be open from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Wednesday, August 13th at 308-10240 124 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5N 3W6.
- The same membership cut-off and identification requirements as outlined above will be in full effect.
- Those who have cast a ballot at the advance polling station will be unable to vote at the nomination meeting on August 17th.
- Those requiring special assistance should contact the Liberal Party of Canada in Alberta by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Edmonton Strathcona Nomination’ in the subject line.
For any further information, please contact the Liberal Party of Canada in Alberta:
308 – 10240 124 Street
Edmonton, AB T5N 3W6
+1 (780) 328-3889