The Young Liberals of Canada (YLC) are pleased to announce the 2015 Summer Student Internship Program.
The Summer Internship Program serves to strengthen and develop skill sets for young political activists. Summer interns will have a unique chance to discover more about the way a political party operates and what they can do to develop their community through political involvement.
Internship Locations Available:
- Liberal Party of Canada National Office in Ottawa
- Office of the Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada
- Offices of Liberal Members of Parliament
- Liberal Party of Canada (British Columbia) HQ in Vancouver
- Liberal Party of Canada (Ontario) HQ in Toronto
- Liberal Party of Canada (Quebec) HQ in Montreal
- Liberal Party of Canada (Alberta) HQ in Edmonton and Calgary
Tasks are dependent upon the office in which an Intern works, but may include:
- Stakeholder relations;
- Policy and strategy development;
- Policy and issue research;
- Volunteer recruitment;
- Online and website development/Social media;
- Branding development;
Positions in the Party office are designed to provide youth with a genuine opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the day-to-day operations of a political party. Interns will obtain a unique hands-on experience by working in the office and out in the community, while building a valuable professional network and have opportunities to participate in, and help to organize, community outreach.
This is a paid internship, and salary will be discussed during the interview. Hours may vary depending on office.
Please note that Interns will not be provided compensation for accommodation or travel costs. Eligible applicants are Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 26 and members of the Liberal Party of Canada.
The expected start date for interns is May 18, 2015. Expected end date is August 15, 2015.
Applications should include:
- Resumé (2 page max)
- A cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a good candidate.
These should include your educational background, language proficiencies, computer skills (including web and graphic design if applicable), and all previous relevant experience.
Deadline for applications: April 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM ET.
Oops! We could not locate your form.